Communication
in the Hofburg

© feld72

 

In June 1927, the 7th Austrian Esperanto Congress was held in the new wing of the Imperial Palace Vienna – Neue Burg. As a consequence, the Hofburg became the centre of the constructed auxiliary language of Esperanto devised in the 19th century to assist global communication.

In the same year, the Hofburg became home to the only Esperanto museum in the world which is now situated in Palais Mollard (Herrengasse 9).


© Austrian National Library, Picture Archive
Participants of the 7th Austrian Esperanto Congress in Vienna, 1927
© Austrian National Library, Picture Archive
Congress ticket of the 7th Austrian Esperanto Congress in Vienna, 1927